What's new in construction ?
Some techniques have been in use in other parts of the world but have been slow to arrive in Grenada.
- New materials
- New components
- New knowledge & know-how
- New techniques
- New tools
We are introducing 2 tried and true construction techniques to Grenada
- The first is here.
- The second is getting close.
Prefabricated Timber Trusses - a superior alternative to rafters
- These are fabricated at ground level
- Use more timber
- Can be designed to withstand wind-speeds between 100 and 200 mph
- Are a very worthwhile expenditure which will make your building much more durable and resistant to hurricanes and earthquakes.
- The preferred method of Roof-Structure construction throughout the developed world.
Tilt-up Concrete Walls - a superior alternative to concrete blocks in a range of situations
- The floor is cast.
- The wall panels are cast on the floor.
- The wall panels are lifted into place with a crane, bolted together and propped until the assembly is completed.
- The speed of construction is enhanced.
- The cost may be significantly lower.
- Crane access to the site is necessary
Now you might have some idea as to the answer to the question asked at the top of the page.
These 2 techniques use
- Materials readily available.
- Components new to Grenada.
- Knowledge and know-how available in other parts of the world.
| For Creativity and Quality engage Evans Construction.... || |